Til Gul vadi

Being away from Pune, I though I will miss eating the soft TilGul vadi this year but my mom gave me the recipe to make my favorite TilGul vadi. The vadi turned just the way I wanted... So glad that I made it.  So here's the recipe of soft Til-Gul vadi, made it for MakarSakrant which falls on 15th January.
Tilgul ghya goad goad bola. 

Ingredients
1 cup sesame seeds
2 tbsp peanut powder
1 cup jaggery (grated)
1 tsp water
Method
Dry roast the sesame seeds n grind it into coarse powder.
Add 1 tsp water into the jaggery & let the jaggery melt, after it melts remove it from the flame to avoid over heating otherwise the jaggery will become hard. Add the peanut powder & sesame seed powder into the melted jaggery. Pour this into a plate & cut the vadi into equal size, remove when the vadi completely cools.
You can garnish the vadi with grated dry coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails