Chatpata, Spicy & utterly buttery delicious Masala pav is a popular street food, there was a time when me n KD used to eat this quite regularly during our courtship days :)
Masala Pav is a popular street food in Pune -the masala consists of finely chopped onions, tomatoes & capsicum with a generous amount of butter mixed with pav bhaji masala! I guess Masala Pav is an underrated street food as there are more takers for pav bhaji & wada pav.
- 2 large onions
- 1 large tomato
- 1 medium size capsicum
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Generous amount of salted butter
- Salt as per taste
- Lemon juice
- Pav bhaji masala as needed
- Finely chopped onions for serving
- Chopped coriender for serving
- Lemon slices for serving
- Finely chop onions, tomatoes & capsicum
- Cook the capsicum in a cooker.
- In a large, wide pan add generous amount of butter, add ginger garlic paste, add the pav bhaji masala, give it a quick stir.
- add the onions, cook until they turn transparent, add the tomatoes and sauté until they are cooked. Add the capsicum, salt, lemon juice. Add more pav bhaji masala as per your liking. remove the masala and keep in a bowl.
- In the same wide pan, add some salted butter and, take a pav (Indian Bun) & slit in between, spread some butter on both the sides of the pav & add the masala on one side, close the pav and toast the lower side of the pav & turn it after it turns brown.
- Place the pav on the serving plate, add some masala on the top of the pav, and garnish it with finely chopped onions & coriander leaves & few drops of lemon juice (optional). Serve with lemon wedge & chopped onions & coriander leaves.