Schools have reopened after the winter break & mother's must be worried about giving their child something healthy to munch on during their lunch break. A lot of parents are today cautious about their child's food habits. I am very particular about what my kids eat. Being a homemaker, I make the most of my free time by preparing healthy snacks for them. Wheat ladoo or paushtik ladoo is one of the favorite snacks I prepare. Its a healthy snack & kids enjoying eating their favourite snack in the tiffin. Apart from wheat which is the main ingredient of this recipe, dinka (Edible gum) has a lot of health benefits too. Dinka is very high in calcium & generates body heat, therefore it is recommended to consume it during winters. It helps in bone development of growing children. My kids love eating this healthy & yummy ladoo. Here's the recipe.
- 2 cups wheat flour
- ½ cup khareek powder (dry dates powder)
- ½ cup almond powder
- ¼ cup poppy seeds powder
- ½ cup poha
- ¼ cup eating gum
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup ghee
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp cardamom powder as per taste.
- Roast wheat flour, almond and khareek powder separately on some ghee until golden brown.
- Dry roast the coconut and poppy seeds.
- Fry the poha in some ghee. crush with hand while making ladoo
- Fry eating gum in some ghee, crush with hand when adding it to ladoo.
- Add all the ingredients including powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
- If u feel the mixture is too dry to form ladoo, add a little melted ghee as needed.
- Make ladoos of desired shape.