Frittata is an Italian omlette or a quiche without a crust with added vegetables, meat, cheese. I made Mushroom & corn fritatta for brunch party with my cousins. Made it for the first time & everyone loved it. Frittata is a perfect dish for a lazy sunday brunch.
- 6 eggs (at room temperature)
- 10 mushrooms (chopped into half)
- 1 bowl corn kernels (pre-cooked)
- 2 big capsicum (roughly chopped)
- 3 medium size onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 stem of spring onion for garnishing
- 5 cubes cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp salt (or as needed)
- 4 tsp freshly ground pepper (or as needed)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Butter for greasing the baking dish
- In a pan add olive oil and stir in the onions until they turn transparent, add the capsicum, corn & the mushroom and turn off the heat after a quick stir. add the salt & pepper. keep aside to cool, use it only after it comes to room temperature because you will be adding these vegetables in the egg and the eggs may scramble.
- With the help of a hand mixer beat the eggs until they become fluffy, add the milk and beat for another 2 minutes. add in the vegetables.
- grease a baking dish with generous amount of butter, add the egg-vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese & spring onion leaves.
- Place the dish in the microwave and cook it on microwave high mode for 10-15 minutes or until the eggs are well cooked.
Heart shaped frittata for M