Solkadhi is a cold soup or an appetizer popular from the coastal region of Maharashtra. It is made from kokum & thin coconut milk with added spice, it is known for its digestive properties. Solkadhi is served with fish curries or fried fish during meals.
- 5 kokums dissolved in ½ cup water
- 2 cups thin coconut milk
- salt as required
for the tempering:
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp crushed green chilies
- 5-6 curry leaves
- a pinch of Asafoetida
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Soak the kokums in ½ cup of water for an hour. After an hour,squeeze the kokum completely to get the kokums extract.
2. Add the kokums extract to the coconut milk, add salt
3. Add the tempering to the solkadhi- heat oil add the cumin seeds, curry leaves, Asafoetida, crushed green chilies, garlic paste, coriander seeds.
4. Add the tempering to the solkadhi.
5. Serve chill. With fish curry, fish fry of your choice.
link to Sea food recipes