I prepared this Sweet Potato Kheer to celebrate Mahashivratree. It can be eaten otherwise as well.
- ¼ kg sweet potato
- 1½ cup milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- pinch of cardamon powder
- few strands of saffron
- 2 pinches of almond & pistachio powder for garnishing
- Pressure cook the sweet potato, de-skin, chop for later use
- Bring the milk to a boil, add sugar. When the milk starts boiling add the sweet potato, cook until the milk turns thick. Add cardamon powder.
- Garnish with almond & pistachio powder
- I like the thick kheer, you can always prepare it as per your liking.