If you wish to gift something different to your dear one's this Diwali, try these Almond cookies, which are home baked with love. You may pack these in gift boxes or a decorative plates or gift bags. Hope you all have a safe and a wonderful Diwali!
- 1 cup almond powder
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour (atta)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup clarified butter (ghee) or melted butter (I used melted ghee)
- pinch of salt
- In a deep bowl, mix the dry ingredients (wheat flour, almond powder, sugar & salt). Mix well.
- Add the ghee keeping aside some so that the dough doesn't become too wet. knead the dough to make a firm ball and let it rest for 15 mins, cover with a damp cloth or cling film. If needed add the remaining ghee.
- Make small balls of the dough and press them with the help of your palms to form the shape of cookie. Place them on a cookie sheet (or baking sheet)
- Bake the cookies at 150ºC about 10-15 minutes or until they turn
brown. After they become lightly golden brown remove the cookie
from the oven.
Keep aside the cookie tray until the cookies come to room temperature.
- Note: the above measurement will yeild 12 Almond cookies- size of store bought biscuits or 30-35 cookies of coin shape
Dough- Let it rest for 30-45 mins
Arrange the flatten balls on the cookie sheet