Popsicle's are very popular these days in India, this Popsicle is made from fresh fruits, without any added sugar or water. If the strawberries are sour the natural sugar in the watermelon will take care of the it. Mangoes & Watermelon are available in abundance these days, so I thought of making a Popsicle using these fruits, the end product is so appealing its a perfect treat for kids and their parents.
- ½ cup fresh watermelon juice
- ¼ cup fresh strawberry juice (Strained)
- ¼ cup Mango Pulp (Alphonso mangoes)
- Take a small piece of watermelon and remove seeds, use 6 ripe strawberries, chop roughly, blend both the fruits together them until you have a puree. Pour 2 or 3 tsp of the watermelon & strawberry puree into the bottom of the Popsicle mold freeze for 45 minutes.
- In the meanwhile use fresh alphonso mangoes to make puree, blend the puree into a smooth paste, pour 2 or 3 tsp of the mango puree on top of the strawberry & watermelon puree, freeze until set. this may take another 30-40 minutes.
- Remember not to use the stick of the Popsicle mold to set the mango layer. Use only the cover of the Popsicle mold.
- After the mango layer has set, pour the remaining watermelon & strawberry puree on the top layer of the Popsicle mold, Use the stick to cover the Popsicle mold and allow the Popsicle to set.
- To remove the Popsicle's from the mold, take a glass, fill it with warm water, dip the mold for 10 seconds remove the Popsicle's and enjoy.