Quick, easy & healthy vegetarian Chinese style Tofu with stir fried vegetables. If all the ingredients are ready the recipe will take 30 mins to cook. Special thanks to my neighbor Kimmisoon for her lovely Korean bowl & the chop sticks she gave me for taking these pictures.
|Tofu with stir fried vegetables|
- 2 tsp vegetable oil to fry tofu & 2 tsp vegetable oil for other vegetables
- 200 gms extra firm tofu
- 250 gms baby corn (cooked)
- 1 large capsicum (roughly chopped)
- 250 gms broccoli (chopped)
- 5 cashewnuts
- 4 tbsp corn kernels
- 10 button mushrooms (chopped into half)
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 4 tsp water
- 8-10 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp green chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dry roasted sesame seeds for garnishing
- Cut the broccoli in florets, wash with clean water & cook for 2 mins in boiling water. retain the water and keep it aside. chop the mushrooms into half, roughly chop the baby corn & capsicum.
- In a wide pan or wok, add 2 tsp vegetable oil & stir fry the tofu until it turns brown. keep the tofu aside for later use.
- Add the remaining 2 tsp oil, add the mushrooms, corn kernels, capsicum and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, add the broccoli, tofu, baby corn & cashew-nuts.(Don't over cook the vegetables esp the capsicum)
- In a small bowl (or katori) add soy sauce, ketchup & chilli sauce. mix well, to this mixture you can add 4 tsp water & corn flour. whisk it well and add to the vegetables after they r cooked. Add salt
- garnish with dry roasted sesame seeds & serve hot with plain rice or vegetable fried rice