Happy Blogniversary !!!!

It has been exactly a year since I posted my first blog post and shared the first recipe with you. I can hardly believe that my second baby is now one year old :-) It’s been such an amazing experience, I’m really grateful to all of you who visit my blog, read and comment. Writing this blog has opened another world to me & has allowed me to meet many people around the world who share the same passion like I do.
To celebrate my 1-year blogniversary I baked carrot muffins with vanilla frosting. I love the white brown red colours that play together in this dessert how it looks so simple, but actually takes a caring hand to create. I came across this recipe in a famous Indian chef's cookbook for kids and trust me it is a perfect way to get the carrots into your little one's tummy if he  is too fussy about eating them and me it really works ( now there's the mommy in me talking !!!!)
Carrot Muffins with vanilla frosting
Ingredients
1½ cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp baking powder
½ cup butter
2/3 cup honey (I used double fat milk instead of honey)
½ cup jaggery
2 cups grated carrots
Method
Melt butter, honey(I used milk) and jaggery in a microwave 45 seconds, keep aside to cool
Sift flour with cinnamon and baking powder
Combine the butter mixture, flour mixture and grated carrot and pour into muffin tray,
Bake in a pre heated oven at 180°C for 20 mins or until the muffins are completely baked
Cool on a wire rack
for vanilla frosting
Ingredients
2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups icing sugar
4 tablespoons double cream whipping cream
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Method
In a small bowl, beat together all the above ingredients until light and fluffy. Use immediately. Before using, bring to room temperature. Can be stored in the fridge for 3 days

13 comments:

  1. It's a pleasure to visit your blog. Wish you all the happiness and success. and many more milestones to come.

    Keep cooking, keep writing and have fun.

    Thanks and kind regards
    Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you …..happy birthday dear Soni…..happy birthday to you.

    Congrats on your 1st blogniversary. I must say your blogs are very interesting and impressive & it sure does show your creative side.

    You are AWESOME ……U ROCK !!!
    Parikshit

    ReplyDelete
  3. The “second baby” phrase gave a shock esp after I read its one year old. I was thinking for about 5 mins “when did this happen” and then it struck me after I read your email about 5-6 times what you actually meant.

    Olympia Carlo

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! and all the best.....I like to see the new recipes you keep posting....


    --
    Hrushikesh Sabnis
    Pune, India

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sahi hai Sona… Pls continue with Blogging and continue with Njoying UR life…

    Best regards,
    ~Anand Pethe

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW ! ek varsha zhala !! kalala nahi ! Great n our best wishes to you to keep up the good work....may u write a book someday :)
    Aparna

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Excellent .. you can publish a book with your receipes posted on your blogs along with tips and tricks !"

    Pradeep Bokil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soni... Heartiest congrats.... i must admit tht i never had much time to try them out but I am sure all ur recipes are tasty and I am gonna try them soon.. keep cooking great food..

    WARM REGARDS,


    Chef Parag

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Soni,

    Congrats on completing 1 year on your blog post..it surely is amazing.

    May u have many more to come!

    Best,
    Radhika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute muffins! Congrats on your 1st anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulation on ur blog anniversary, We hope to see many more anniversaries
    Cheers
    Monika Singh
    Leeds
    UK

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi soni attya happy blogniversary cotinue cookin n bloggin

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails